Harriet Hare would certainly create a unique focal point in any room or garden. She is a figurative representation of the much loved brown hare, which is native to the British countryside as well as being an ancient Pagan symbol (representing new beginnings, growth, abundance, fertility, rebirth and good fortune!)
The original Harriet was hand sculpted in wax using traditional sculpting methods by Kirsty Armstrong who has been a sculptor for more than 30 years. Harriet is anatomically correct with Kirsty’s unique stylised fur detail applied over the top. She is being produced as a limited edition of 150 pieces in a choice of three finishes;
- ’Verdigris’ Harriet, in a metal-rich bronze lacquer over cast resin with a verdigris patina (resembles weathered bronze)
- ’Rusty’ Harriet, in cold-cast iron (metal and resin) with highlights in ‘foundry bronze’ and ‘gold’ metallic waxes.
- Moon-lit’ Harriet, in cold-cast pewter (metal and resin) with a silver nitrate effect patina (resembles old silver). All versions of Harriet have enamelled eyes.
Kirsty uses a moulding and casting company just 30 miles from her studio to produce Harriet, and then she begins the process of bringing her to life. Kirsty applies the metal-rich lacquer and the patina by hand, and packs each piece in its own individual container before shipping…
Harriet’s vital statistics…
- Harriet is 16” (40cm) to her tallest ear, making her almost life size
- She weighs approximately 6kg, and her packed parcel weight is a hefty 8kg
- Harriet is a strict limited edition of 150 pieces made up in a choice of three different finishes.
All three variations are suitable for both inside and out, however, for her to go outside she must be sealed and will require a coat of lacquer to protect the finish from the weather. Please just tick the option box.
In this listing only ‘Verdigris’ Harriet is available. Please see other listings for the different finishes.
From each sale of Harriet Kirsty donates a percentage to the Hare Preservation Trust which helps protect Hares and to educate the public.
How long will my Harriet take to make?…
Harriet is cast in small batches and entirely made by hand, so at the moment there is a processing time of approximately 3-4 weeks from ordering to dispatch. Kirsty will keep you updated along your Harriet’s journey, and she may well be ready sooner rather than later!
Harriet is shipped in her own purpose built rigid packaging via Parcelforce in the UK. Orders are sent via a fully insured 48 hour courier service which will require a signature / confirmation upon receipt. Internationally, we ship to the US and Canada via an express UPS service. UK delivery is usually *1-3 working days after dispatch (Subject to delays caused by the current crisis), and international delivery is usually 3-4 working days.