Bespoke Pet Portrait from your photo – Coloured Pencil Drawing From £75
Commission your own bespoke pet portrait as a loving tribute or a wonderful gift that will be treasured. The materials I use are high quality, archival and your piece will come with a mount, ready to frame. You will also receive a Certificate of Authenticity with your piece.
Beautifully hand drawn, these pieces are realistic in style whilst retaining a warm, artistic quality using high quality archival materials, a lot of love and attention to detail.
10 in stock (can be backordered)
- Our Shipping, General and Refund Policies
- Reviews (0)
Beautifully hand drawn, these pieces are realistic in style whilst retaining a warm, artistic quality. I use Artists Grade, Lightfast pencils and 300 gsm (thick) archival quality paper. I use your photos to create these beautiful pet portraits.
Once you have decided on a size and the number of subjects you need you can place your order, Then all you need to do is send your high quality reference/s to me at email@example.com
You can also choose to add a pack of greeting card featuring your portrait to your order!
A great quality photo helps to ensure a great quality portrait. It will enable me to add a high level of detail and ensure a great likeness. You dont necessarily need fancy equipment to take your photo, many smart phones nowadays have great quality cameras, just folllow a few simple tips to help you capture a good reference.
Take the photo with good, natural light. Outside or near a window is ideal (not so bright your subject is squinting!)
Avoid using flash so that the true colours are captured.
Get down to the eye level of whoever you are photographing. Unusual angles can sometimes cause distortions which may look odd in the portrait.
In the case of very small children and pets, try to set things up and then just before you take the photo make a noise to get their attention.
Ensure everything you want included in the portrait is in the photo- no missing ears etc!
Try to capture the personality of the subject. For ecample if you have a cheeky, happy doggy make sure he looks it in the photo!
If you’re unsure, take lots! You can always send me multiple pictures and we can work together to get the right one. If you have more than one subject and you’re struggling to get them both looking fab in the same photo take them seperately and I can combine them. Keep this in mind when thinking about poses!
I understand it is not always possible to get an amazing photo, especially if the pet is no longer with us so if you are at all unsure please drop me a message to see if it is something we can work with
Provided your portrait isn’t a surprise I will share regular updates on my social media channels (please let me know if you prefer me not to do this) or I can send you progress updates as I go along.
Taking Care of your Artwork
- Avoid touching the surface of the artwork directly – our fingers have naturally occuring oils that can compromise the materials
- Display away from direct light to avoid fading – archival quality materials are used but for extra protection it is best to avoid this
- Use the mount provided (or similar) so that the artwork does not come into contact with the glass
- For extra protection ask your framer about UV filtering glass
Copyright remains with the artist and images may not be copied or distributed without written consent. Images may be used in social media marketing and for advertising purposes unless agreed otherwise before booking. Bespoke artwork is non refundable once started however I will work kwith you to ensure you are happy with yourpiece. Artist reserves the right to refuse commissions and to increase prices without notice. Agreed commissions will not be affected by any price increase if the deposit has been paid. Artwork is posted first class signed for via royal mail unless otherwise stated
Ready to post items (non personalised) will be dispatched in 1 to 3 working days.
Prints and original artwork (including custom work) are sent via Royal Mail signed for delivery
Custom artwork is subject to current wait times - please see individual listings or get in touch for wait times.
In the event of non delivery please get in touch so that the matter can be investigated and resolved.
Please see The British Craft House's shipping policy
- Refunds are accepted on any non personalised items. Goods must be returned in their original, saleable condition and the buyer is responsible for return postage. Please notify me within 14 days of your intention to return, you then have a further 14 days to return. Please obtain proof of posting, tracked postage is advisable.
- Due to the nature of the item, once started Custom personalised portraits are not eligible for refunds.
- Cancellations on non personalised items are accepted before despatch.
- Please see The British Craft House's Refund policy
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
Please see The British Craft House's Returns policy
There are no enquiries yet.